Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
For the Cupcakes:
2 cups of All-Purpose flour
½ cup buckwheat flour
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup of cocoa butter
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon maple extract
2/3 cup milk
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
For the Icing:
3 tablespoons coconut oil, thick at room temperature
3 tablespoons icing sugar
1 tablespoon Matcha green tea powder
½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place paper baking cups into muffin tins for 24 regular-sized muffins.
- In a medium bowl, mix flours, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream the sugar, butter, syrup, and eggs with a hand or stand mixer.
- Pause to stir in maple extract.
- On low speed, alternately blend in dry mixture and milk.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into muffin cup until 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before icing.
- To Make the Icing: Add the coconut oil and icing sugar to a bowl and use a hand-mixer to cream until it’s pale and smooth.
- Fold in the matcha powder and vanilla.
- Finally, add the cream cheese and beat until
- Pipe or spread over the cupcakes once they’re cool.
Nutrition: Calories 164 Fat 6 g Carbohydrate 21 g Protein 2 g