Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings: 6 – 8
1 cup coconut oil, room temperature
2 ¾ cups white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sour cream
1 ½ cups chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups All-Purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together coconut oil and 2 cups of the sugar until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, beating the mixture well after each egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour with baking powder and baking soda.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and the sour cream to the egg mixture, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth.
- In another bowl, combine walnuts, cinnamon, and remaining 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Spoon 1/3 of the batter into well-greased, 10” tube pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the walnut mixture.
- Repeat layers two more times.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove pan and let the cake continue cooling on a wire rack.
Nutrition: Calories 170 Fat 5 g Carbohydrate 29 g Protein 4 g